PLEASE CALL FOR PRICE AND AVAILABILITY.Saltwater can take its toll on marine propulsion systems. This is why the SeaCore™ system from MerCruiser® offers more than just improved corrosion resistance. It’s as close as a marine propulsion system can come to being corrosion-proof.
The 425 hp 496 MAG HO is the most powerful MerCruiser engine available in our standard lineup. A special camshaft profile and unique fuel and spark calibration combine to provide an additional 50 hp and a 200 RPM higher operating range compared to the 496 MAG. Its massive power is coupled to a beefy Bravo X series drive with a number of performance drive options available for faster boats. Even with the additional horsepower, the 496 MAG HO is amazingly well-mannered and reliable. Standard low-restriction exhaust with stainless steel elbows, along with our most sophisticated spark and fuel injection systems, deliver outstanding acceleration and top speed.
** DTS SMARTCRAFT OPTIONAL. NEW CONTROLS & HARNESSES REQUIRED. MUST USE SMARTCRAFT GAUGES. AL RIGGING ACCESSORIES AND UPGRADE CHARGE ARE EXTRA FOR THIS APPLICATION. INSTALLATION MUST BE DONE BY A CERTIFIED DTS TECHNICIAN AS THE SOFTWARE IS ESSENTIAL TO THE DTS FUNCTIONALITY.
- PCM 555 sequential fuel injection and high energy distributorless ignition system ensure reliable starts and outstanding performance, year after year
- Exclusive Engine Guardian protection senses potential problems and virtually eliminates the chance for engine damage due to overheating, low oil pressure, or low drive lube
- Cartridge-type water-separating fuel filter helps protect fuel system and engine against damage
- Proven GM cast iron big block V8 power for years of reliable operation
- 316 Stainless Steel dry-joint exhaust elbows better resist high temperature and corrosion and improve exhaust flow for more power
- Brass sea water pump housing improves life and better resists damage from running dry
- Long individual runner intake manifold design provides optimum torque and horsepower for demanding marine applications
- Tuned runner exhaust manifold lowers exhaust backpressure for best torque and power
- Sequential Multi-Port Fuel Injection provides easy starts, cold or hot, and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature, weather, or altitude for terrific performance in any environment
- High Energy distributorless ignition with knock control maximizes power and protects against low quality fuels
- Standard anti-feedback power steering helps reduces operator fatigue and makes boat handling a breeze
- Low restriction flame arrestor for added horsepower and torque
- 3-year/300 hour maintenance interval on many periodic service items saves time and money
- Convenient top-mounted remote oil filter and threaded dipstick tube make oil changes cleaner and keep periodic servicing quick and simple
- Color-coded service points makes checking fluid levels simple and straightforward
- Operates on easy to find, less expensive 87 octane fuel
- Engine-mounted drive lube monitor for easy lube check or add from inside the boat
- Long-life anti-freeze only requires replacement every 5 years
- Single point air-actuated water drain system standard
- The DTS (Digital Throttle & Shift) option eliminates push-pull cables and related maintenance while providing silky-smooth operation and unsurpassed responsiveness. DTS provides an unprecedented level of control and precision for docking and low-speed maneuvering. Available as an additional option, precision SmartTow speed control includes an easy-to-use launch control that makes pulling skiers and wakeboarders as simple as pushing a button
- Standard features with DTS are: Autosynch of multiple engines, SmartStart, Shift Protection, Multiple Helm capability, and Shadow Technology for triple and quad engine installations
- MerCathode galvanic corrosion prevention system offers unmatched active electronic corrosion protection
- 496 MAG and 496 MAG HO engines are designed to display engine information on your choice of analog or SmartCraft digitally-driven gauges and displays
SHIPPING AND HANDLING NOT INLCUDED
CRATE CHARGE APPLICABLE $300
PROPS AND ACCESSORIES NOT INCLUDED
IMAGE FOR ILLUSTRATION ONLY
Information may vary with application. All specifications listed are based on the latest product information available at the time of publication. The right is reserved to make changes at any time without notice.